COVID-19 and Workplace Drug Testing from Quest Diagnostics Employer Solutions Blog!
Quest Diagnostics posted on their blog about the precautions they are taking during the coronavirus pandemic. We’re providing the information to you to ease your concerns about drug testing at this time.
Quest Diagnostics post: As a healthcare company that touches the lives of nearly 150 million patients each year, Quest Diagnostics has rigorous safety procedures in place across our company to protect employees and others from potentially infectious diseases. In the case of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), Quest has taken several measures to bolster our preparedness.
COVID-19 specimens are not collected at Quest Diagnostics Patient Service Centers (PSC). Specimens are only collected at a physician office or hospital and then sent to a Quest laboratory for processing.
The Quest Diagnostics PSC network will proceed with workplace drug test collections using our standard safety protocols while diligently following all best practices set by the CDC
- Wash hands with soap and water often
- Cover mouth when sneezing or coughing
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth
Individuals can continue to visit a Quest Diagnostics PSC for a drug test or other testing services not related to COVID-19.
- Rigorous safety procedures are in place across our company to protect donors and employees from coming in contact with infectious diseases
- Daily cleaning routines have increased, including frequent disinfecting of all surfaces, use of hand sanitizer, and more frequent hand washing
- Taking into account potential service interruptions, we encourage individuals to check our website locator in advance of a PSC drug test appointment to confirm the hours of operations.
We have business continuity plans in place across Quest Diagnostics for all circumstances including one as unique as COVID-19. A special response team is proactively communicating to all our employees, including collectors, to take necessary precautions to help protect themselves from COVID-19. Our priority is the health of our workforce and serving our clients with minimal disruptions.
Additional information regarding the Quest Diagnostics response to COVID-19 can be found at: QuestDiagnostics.com/home/Covid-19/.
For more information, visit Quest’s Employer Solution Blog here.
OPENonline can help you with your drug screening needs with our customizable drug and alcohol screening solutions. Find out more about our services here. And contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have additional questions.
This is not legal advice. For legal advice, please seek legal counsel.
#DrugScreening #DrugTesting #DrugTests #Hiring #HumanResources #HRSeries #BackgroundChecks #BackgroundScreening #BackgroundCheck #BestPractices #Employment #OPENonline