Are you using the correct I-9 Form? News Alert from USCIS
The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) announced that all employers must use this newly revised Form I-9 by May 7, 2013.
Employers are required to use this form to verify the identity and employment authorization of newly hired employees. Employers have been required since 1987 to complete the I-9 Form for each new hire to verify the person's identity and work eligibility, then to keep a copy of the form on file. Several versions of the Form I-9 have been issued since the form was first introduced. Not all versions are valid for use. To determine whether you are using the correct version of Form I-9, look at the revision date printed on the bottom right corner of the form, and NOT the expiration date printed at the top of the form.
learn more »
I-9 Manager Benefits include:
- Reduces paperwork, storage, and manual activities -process forms electronically and store them digitally for a centralized view
- Simplifies Form I-9 employment eligibility process -real-time field validation with live results before submission
- Guaranteed federal and state compliance -to ensure a legally authorized workforce
- Minimizes risk of government penalties -unlimited digital storage of forms and supporting documents
OPENonline's I-9 Manager greatly reduces your exposure to government audits, financial penalties and negative publicity resulting from non-compliance. With I-9 Manager, you can be confident you have the most complete solution to manage, maintain and verify I-9 Forms. Understand your current responsibilities by visiting the state by state legislation map.
Features & Advantages:
- One Time Data Entry to save time and reduce data entry errors by entering the data only once.
- Form I-9 Entry Validation to reduce fines and penalties due to incomplete forms.
- Duplication Alert to alert employer of possible Social Security fraud.
- Audit Log that places high value on sensitive employee information.
- Training Site to quickly and efficiently train employer.
- Tentative non-confirmation to eliminate possible discrimination.
- Digital Form I-9 storage to increase efficiency when action is needed on completed forms.
- Digital Document Storage to allow employer the flexibility of keeping all pertinent documents in one place.
- Printable PDF’s to easily produce needed documents at any time.
- Online E-Signatures to increase effectiveness in logistics of physical storage.
- Permission Settings so employer maintains protection of confidential information.
- Instant Employment Verification to provide instant knowledge of work authorization status.
- Accessibility to multiple locations to allow secure dissemination of information throughout the organization.
- No installation so no additional equipment expense or maintenance is needed by employer.
- No monthly fees to help you remain within your budget guidelines.